Wednesday, March 16, 2011

So I Pray

There is so much turmoil.  So much pain.  So many trials.  God bless those in Japan.  How much more can they take?  My heart wrenches when I see the images.  So many lost.  So many who've lost everything.  So many tears.  So much pain. 

I'm sitting here on my comfy couch...snuggled under a blanket...resting in the fact that I know where my little ones are tucked in...and my husband is safely at work five short minutes from home.  How blessed am I?  I'm not worried about where my next meal is coming from or having to worry about unclean water.  How blessed am I?  I've never known the tragedy of disaster.  I've never had to wonder where my family is or if they were safe.  How blessed am I?

So I'm sitting here thinking...How blessed am I, Lord?  So I pray, for those who are desperate, scared, cold, in shock, in pain, for those who are empty, for those who are mourning their babies, husbands, wives, mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, friends.  How blessed am I, Lord?  So I continue to pray, for those who are left to pick up the pieces, for those who bury their dead, for those who hurt, for those who haven't been found, for those who think You have deserted them, Lord.  How blessed am I, Lord?  So I keep praying.  Never let me forget how blessed I am, Lord, so that I continue praying for those who need Hope.
Lee Jae-won / Reuters (Borrowed from MSNBC)

If you haven't already, would you consider donating to the American Red Cross? You can also donate $10 to the American Red Cross by texting REDCROSS to 90999.

No comments: